Do you need access safe mode on your windows 8 computer? You have seen that win 8 no longer has the option to press F8 during the startup. Well here is the instructions on how to access the options to troubleshoot your windows 8 pc.
There are two ways to get to the Windows Startup Settings screen in Windows 8:
If you’re not signed in to Windows:
- tap or click the power icon from the sign-in screen, hold Shift, and then tap or click Restart
Or, if you’re already signed in:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
- Under PC settings, tap or click General.
- Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
- On the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
- Tap or click Startup Settings.
- Tap or click Restart.
On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting you want.
Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state where only essential programs are started. Other options start Windows with advanced features (typically used by system admins and IT professionals). For more info, go to the Microsoft website for IT professionals.
There you go, it took me a while to figure this one out.