This are some of the errors that I came across when setting up my zabbix Monitor system:
Error: Cannot find value map “Switch Netgear port status” used for item “Port 19 Status” on “Template_Netgear_GS748T
- Open the Zabbix Web gui,
- go to Administration / General
- Click on the Gui dropdown and select Value Mapping
- Click the Create Value Mapping button
- name: Switch Netgear port status
mappings: create two, 1 -> up, 2 -> down
- Click Add
Error: Cannot import template “Template SNMP FreeNAS”, linked templates “Template SNMP Disks, Template SNMP Generic, Template SNMP Interfaces, Template SNMP Processors” do not exist.
- Copy the mib file from your truenas server,
if you are clever enough you should be able to cat /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/FREENAS-MIB.txt on the Shell page.
- copy and paste on your Zabbix server: nano /usr/share/snmp/mibs/FREENAS-MIB.txt
- Restart your zabbix-server service.
- Download and Import the following templates:
- Then you can install the TrueNAS/FreeNAS SNMP w/ZFS Stats template:
Testing for connectivity:
From zabbix server or from client on the command line, you can use telnet:
telnet host 10050 telnet 192.168.56.34 10050
If there is a connection error, then it means there is no connectivity between devices, probably a port issue or firewall.