Recently i came across this error message that was given to one of our clients on his computer when login on to windows 7
The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
The solution for this is really simple, just re install the software. Re installing iTunes is simple enough, but to resolve this issue iTunes software must be removed in the following order:
Going to the Start menu, and click Control Panel.
Under the Control Panel, select Uninstall a Program.
The list of all the programs that have been installed in your computer is shown.
Select and uninstall the following programs in the following order:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support
After that download iTunes from iTunes.com and install it.
after that it should be running back to normal.
There should be no data lost, since iTunes wont remove your iTunes folder where your music is stored.
If the Apple Mobile Device Support wont uninstall, and it rolls back the changes do this:
- Right click on the listed program (Apple Mobile Device Support)
- Select Repair, this will repair the install and will make it so it will be able to uninstall.
- When the repair is done, simply select Apple Mobile Device Support and click Uninstall / Change